- First Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. and on the second Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.
- Registration is not necessary
- Free coffee provided by Café on the Park
- For more information contact Courtney Tedrick at 630-868-7526 or by email at email@example.com.
True Story: Nonfiction Book Discussion
True Story is Wheaton Public Library’s nonfiction book club. Each month we pick books that are the most interesting, captivating, and entertaining true stories that our world has to offer. If you want adventure, history, science, and a stimulating conversation about the human experience, then please join us for our book discussion
- Last Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Please register online
- Pick up a copy of the book at the Circulation desk. For more information please contact Matt Binder at 630-868-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Missed a meeting? Check out the blog for more information on each month's discussion True Story Book Club Blog
February 26 - Johnstown Flood by David McCullough
The Great Books method of Shared Inquiry discussion encourages a personal approach to literature. Participants engage in a search for the author's meaning. There are no right or wrong answers and no examinations. The sharing of individual interpretations results in a greater understanding for all.
- Second Wednesday of each month, September through June, at 7:30 p.m.
- For more information contact Courtney at 630-868-7526 or email@example.com.
January 10 - Selected essays by Brian Green
February 14 - Up Front (selections) by Bill Mauldin and Ernie Pyle
Biz Book Reviews
Business and career coach Vickie Austin highlights business books for busy executives, employees, and entrepreneurs, from the hottest bestsellers to time-honored classics. She’ll share each book’s essence to give you new ideas and insights for your own business and career and include you in a lively discussion, whether you’ve read the book or not.
- Meets the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in meeting room B in the lower level of the library.
- Please register online or call the Reference Desk 630-868-7520.
- Co-sponsored by the Wheaton Chamber of Commerce and CHOICES Worldwide.
December 19 - The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage by Mel Robbins
January 16 - The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How by Daniel Coyle
February 20 - Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive by Dorie Clark
Book Group Guides
Let us help your group!
We can supply information about new titles, book discussion guides, tips and Web sites to help you make your book club selections. We can also give you information on how to start a new club. Please let us know how we can help! Call Courtney Tedrick at 630-868-7526 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.