for Maker Day in October
We need you!
Do you have a talent for Technology, Crafting, Engineering or Art? Help us share our love of STEAM* by participating in the library’s second annual Maker Day. We need presenters for demonstrations, hands-on activities, or make-and-take stations.
On October 19, the entire library celebrates the Maker Movement, which embraces innovation, creativity and learning. Children, adults and teens will visit a variety of stations throughout the library, and we need you! If you are passionate about art, robotics, woodworking or other STEAM activities, and want to share it, we’d love to have you participate in Maker Day.
• Submit an application (print or online) by Friday, August 16, 2019
• Presenters will be notified on Monday, August 31, 2019
• Event setup begins Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 12:00 noon
• Event opens to the public Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
Guidelines for Presenters
• Must be available October 19 from 12:00 - 5:00 p.m.
• Must have an interactive display
• May not sell products or services
• No food items for consumption
The library is accepting donations for prize drawings at the Maker Day event. If you would like to donate an item to be included in a prize basket, please let us know at Makerday@wheatonlibrary.org
Contact Rachel with questions at 630-868-7544 or Makerday@wheatonlibrary.org
* Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math