Download to your smartphone or tablet
Visit our eContent page and select the format of your choice.
Smartphones are perfect for audiobooks while tablets work well with any format.
What's great about eContent
- Download a wide selection of books, audiobooks, magazines and newspapers, including books for kids
- Download anytime and from anywhere
- Read or listen from a computer, a mobile device is not necessary
- No late fees! Items are returned automatically but you can check them out again if there are no holds
How it works
- Download an app to your mobile device
- Use the app to search for something to read
- Check it out with your library card number and download it to your device
- Each vendor has instructions for computer users if you aren't using a mobile device
- Visit our eContent page and select a format
- Tap Information & Help for one of the vendors to learn more, then download that vendor's app
- Each vendor has its own app so different formats may require different apps
- If you're using a computer, click on the vendor's icon to start searching
For help with eContent
Call the Reference Desk at our temporary number 630-909-9698 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the chat link below.
Borrow an iPod Touch or an iPad
If you don't have a mobile device or want to try an app before loading it on your device, borrow a device from the library. Both the iPod Touch and the iPad are pre-loaded with library apps like OverDrive, Axis360, RBdigital, and Lynda.com. When the device is returned it is reset and all personal data is removed.
Checkout an iPod Touch or an iPad from the Tech Center Desk and we can help you download digital items of your choice to our device.
The iPod Touch and iPad are checked out for 3 weeks.