To help your business grow
Whether you’re in the initial stages of a brilliant business plan, looking for ways to expand, or getting your exit plan ready, the Business Resource Center is here to help!
Browse our collection of Business Resource Center books or search for a specific title using the catalog. Many titles (as well as extras not available in our print collection) can be accessed through one of our eContent services: OverDrive, Axis360 and RBDigital. Books and audiobooks that are not available at the Wheaton Library may be available through Interlibrary Loan.
Vickie Austin’s Biz Books
Perhaps you’re not sure where to start, or you’d love to read but have a lot on your plate. Let Vickie Austin guide you through the best and brightest business books. Biz Books meets monthly, on the 2nd Tuesday at 7 pm in Meeting Room H. Each month features a different title. Vickie captures the essence of each title, discussing insights and highlights. You’ll walk away inspired, without even having to read the book!
Upcoming titles include:
• Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know by Malcolm Gladwell
• Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
• Pivot Points: Five Decisions Every Successful Leader Must Make by Julia Tang Peters
• Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life… and Maybe the World by Admiral William H. McRaven
Schedule an hour-long session with our Business Specialist to discover how our resources can help your business. We’ll help you learn to create a business plan, find relevant journal articles, or build sales lists.
Premium Online Resources
- Business Source Premier Articles from more than 2,300 journals in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics
- Lynda.com Over 3,000 video courses includes training for business, marketing, design and software instruction (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and a lot more.)
- ReferenceUSA Generate customer mailing lists by applying geographic, SIC/NAICS, business size or credit rating filters. Download, print or save your search for later use.
See all library services available for people in business and learn more about our Business Resource Center